High Purity Argon Ar Gas
- Company Name:Chengdu QiYu Gas Co., LTD
- Membership:Free Member
- Registration Date:2017. 04.18
- Contact:Belle Wu
- Related Keywords:argon gas, Ar gas, rare gas, high purity argon gas
Chengdu QiYu Gas Co., LTD
High Purity Argon (Ar) Gas
Argon (Ar) is a colourless, odourless, non-reactive, inert gas. In high concentrations, it has an asphyxiating effect. As argon is an atmospheric gas (0.93% vol.), it is generally sourced by separating air.
1. Argon is one of the most common carrier gases in gas chromatography. Argon is used as a carrier gas in sputtering, plasma etching and ion implantations, and as a blanket atmosphere in crystal growth.
2. One of the most common applications of argon, either pure or in various mixtures, is as a shielding gas for arc welding.
3. Argon is one of the principal gases used for filling incandescent (filament) lamps, generally in a mixture with nitrogen, krypton or neon, for phosphorescent tubes in mixtures with neon, helium and mercury vapour and for thyratron radio tubes, in mixtures with neon.
4. The pharmaceutical industry uses argon to displace oxygen in the top of intravenous drug containers, extending product shelf-life.
5. Argon is used, often in a mixture with hydrogen, as a protective atmosphere for the heat treatment of certain metals, particularly those which are susceptible to nitriding when treated in a nitrogen-based atmosphere. This includes stainless steels and many different specialised and therefore small-scale applications.
Other products from this supplier
Related products from premium suppliers on EC21
Business Registry Number: 120-86-03931